mailing list archives
RE: Question concerning usage of languages for webapps
From: "Mark Curphey" <mark () curphey com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 19:14:45 -0400
- What kind of language do you use to code web applications?
ASP.NET in C# almost exclusively !
- What do you think are the 5 most used languages for web application or web
1. C - There is an amazing amount of C CGI still running high profile
financial services / ecommerce apps. With the obvious security implications
I think it has to be numero uno.
2. C# (ASP.NET) - About 50% of the new apps we are now seeing are either
already ASP.NET or the company is planning to migrate to ASP.NET so I placed
it higher than Java
3. Java - Still mainstay and for me covers the rest of what should be
covered in a commercial world.
I very rarely see PHP in commercial organizations, the same for perl but see
it a lot in hobbyist and open source project type sites so I think it would
be great to have it covered well in the Guide (actually I think Mikael
already wrote a great section on this if I recall).