Home page logo
/

webappsec logo WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Parameter fuzzing and forced browsing
From: indianwhitehathacker () yahoo com
Date: 9 Aug 2006 14:26:59 -0000

I was going through the OWASP Top Ten Guide and I came across these terms:-

1. Parameter fuzzing
2. Forced browsing

What are these? Is forced browsing something like an attempt to access a resource that I am not supposed to access by
putting the direct link with the necessary parameter values in a hope that may be in that page the authentication is
broken?

Also, I read about fuzzers. Can someone throw light on what are fuzzers?

Watchfire was recently named the worldwide market leader in Web
application security assessment tools by both Gartner and IDC.
Download a free trial of AppScan today and see why more customers choose
AppScan then any other solution. Try it today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscancamp.aspx?id=701500000008VnB