mailing list archives
Call for Papers: OWASP Research 2013 - Refereed Papers Track
From: Martin Johns <martin.johns () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 16:39:11 +0100
[Apologies for multiple copies of this announcement]
= Call for Papers: OWASP Research 2013 - Refereed Papers Track =
The German OWASP Chapter will host the OWASP AppSec Europe Research
2013 global conference in beautiful Hamburg, Germany.
Date: August 20-23, 2013
Location: Emporio Hamburg (http://www.emporio-hamburg.de/en/)
=== About =
The OWASP AppSec conferences bring together application security
experts and software engineers from all over the world. Industry and
academia meet to discuss open problems and new solutions in
application security. The conferences offer researchers and
practitioners a set of tutorials, keynotes, and invited presentations.
As in the previous editions, the OWASP AppSec Europe 2013 conference
will feature a refereed papers track. The goal of the refereed papers
track is twofold:
* to give academic researchers in Web application security the
opportunity to share their research results with practitioners, and
* to give industry people the possibility to share experiences with
academia and the OWASP community.
Hence both research papers as well as experience papers pertaining to
all aspects of web application security are solicited. Papers should
describe new ideas, new implementations, or experiences related to web
application security. We explicitly encourage members of the Web
security community to explore leading-edge topics and ideas before
they are presented at a major conference.
=== Topics of interest =
We are interested in all topics related to Web Application Security,
* Web application security
* Security aspects of new/emerging web
* Secure development: frameworks, best practices, secure coding,
methods, processes, SDLC, etc.
* Security of frameworks (Struts, Spring, ASP.Net MVC, RoR, etc)
* Vulnerability analysis (code review, pentest, static analysis etc)
* Threat modeling of applications
* Mobile security and security for the mobile web
* Cloud security
* Browser security and HTML5 security
* Countermeasures for application vulnerabilities
* New technologies, paradigms, tools
* Application security awareness and education
* Security in web services, REST, and service oriented architectures
* Privacy in web apps, Web services and data storage
=== Important dates =
Submission deadline: 15.05.2013
Notification of acceptance: 15.06.2013
Final version due: 15.07.2013 (tbc)
AppSec Conference: 22. + 23.08.2013
=== Instructions for authors =
Submissions should be at most 12 pages long in the Springer LNCS Style
for Proceedings and Other Multiauthor Volumes. Submissions deviating
from these requirements may be rejected without review. Templates for
preparing papers in this style for LaTeX, Word, and other word
processors can be downloaded from:
use instructions for "Proceedings and Other Multiauthor Volumes" for
different text processing platforms).
Submissions are due by May 15th, 23:59 GMT. All submissions should be
sent in Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf) via EasyChair:
Options for track proceedings are currently under evaluation.
=== Program committee =
- Bastian Braun, University of Passau, Germany
- Elie Bursztein, Google, USA
- Lieven Desmet, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Hannes Federrath, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Thorsten Holz, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, Germany
- Martin Johns, SAP Research, Germany (chair)
- Engin Kirda, Northeastern University, USA
- Nick Nikiforakis, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Andrei Sabelfeld, Chalmers, Sweden
- Sebastian Schinzel, University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- John Wilander, OWASP and Linköping University, Sweden
=== Related CfPs =
Please note, that there are two related CfPs for this conference:
* Call for Presentations: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfPresos
* Call for Trainings: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfTrainings
This list is sponsored by Cenzic
Let Us Hack You. Before Hackers Do!
It's Finally Here - The Cenzic Website HealthCheck. FREE.
Request Yours Now!
- Call for Papers: OWASP Research 2013 - Refereed Papers Track Martin Johns (Feb 08)