mailing list archives
From: Ishan Sharma <ishansharma.in () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:48:42 +0530
Hello! I would like to apply at Wireshark for GSoC 2013. I have checked the
list of projects and interested in (and capable of doing) some of them. The
project I am mainly interested in is "Wireshark for Android". I have a good
android development experience and have used libpcap to develop simple
I wanted to know whether we can apply for multiple projects at wireshark to
increase our chances of selection? Though my main interest is Wireshark for
Android I want to apply at all the projects I am capable of completing. The
mentors can select me for the project they think I am suitable for.
The other projects that I am interested are:
a) Capture Permissions
b) Process Information
c) New Export Objects
d) Improved Fuzzing
e) Packet Editor (cli)
My relevant experience is as follows:
Programming Languages: C (Excellent), Java (Good), Python (Good), Shell
SimpleSniffer: It is a very basic sniffer for *nix programmed in C using
the libpcap library.
Network Monitor: An Android application with basic functionality such as
port scanning, network discovery etc.
- I have good experience with Android application development.
- I have been using Wireshark regularly since about 4-5 yrs.
- I have won two security courses at ethicalhacker.net for my participation.
Offensive Security wifu
eLearnSecurity Penetration Testing Professional
- I am currently enrolled in MS by Research program at one the top
university of my country. My area of research currently is malware analysis
and android security.
- I am presently working as a Research Assistant in one of the projects in
my university where I am responsible for evaluating and maintaining the
- I have good knowledge of vulnerabilities such as buffer overflows, Heap
overflows, format string attacks and return-to-libc attacks.
- I have good knowledge of Network and Web security.
Sent via: Wireshark-dev mailing list <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
mailto:wireshark-dev-request () wireshark org?subject=unsubscribe
- GSoC 2013 Ishan Sharma (Apr 15)