Home page logo
/

wireshark logo Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Remove hf_ variables
From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws () darkjames pl>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 18:57:27 +0200

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 09:26:17AM +0100, Graham Bloice wrote:
On 13 August 2013 17:53, Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws () darkjames pl> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 08:31:02PM +0200, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:
On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 08:10:21PM +0200, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:
I wrote some ugly gawk program for hf_ variables.

Here is one + some patch for epan:
http://www.wireshark.org/~darkjames/proto-new/0001-changes.txt

Here is convertion of some dissectors (not quite automagic):
http://www.wireshark.org/~darkjames/proto-new/0002-rewrite.txt

We probably don't want this redefine macros inside proto-new.h but
it's *much faster*
to test.

Removed in v2:

http://www.wireshark.org/~darkjames/proto-new-v2/0001-changes.txt
http://www.wireshark.org/~darkjames/proto-new-v2/0002-rewrite.txt

Changes from v1:
 - proto_tree_add_item() now takes pointer to header_field_info *,
   if NEW_PROTO_TREE_API NOT defined small compatilibity macro is used.
 - convert names just to hfi_ not hfi_hf_
 - fix proto_get_first_protocol_field(), proto_get_next_protocol_field()

Ping, any feedback?

It's not entirely clear to me from the thread what the current intent is.
 Your current plan is just the removal of hf vars?

I'm not sure what 'just' means, generally yes, but to be sure please
check patches above (I'm much more fluent in C than in English ;-)).

You'll also need to update the docs, README.dissector is the most obvious,
then everyone's presentations on how to build a dissector :-)

Old registration-style still works.