Home page logo
/

wireshark logo Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Seaching in the data pane would be useful ...
From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard () gtech com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 16:39:40 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe ()    > writes:

Sure, I can do the search, and I did, but the actual info I am
interested in, like the priority, etc, is buried among 230 entries and
I have to patiently scroll until I find it.

That is hard to do.

I see your point.  My attempt using tshark didn't produce very good results
either.

tshark -r kdcqueries.pcap -Y dns.resp.addr -T fields -e frame.number -e
dns.resp.name -e dns.resp.addr

There does seem to be a limitation in the search feature where it only finds
a packet containing a match, but not each highlighted matching instance of
the search criteria within a packet when you "search next/previous".