mailing list archives
Git + Gerrit: next steps
From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:12:20 -0800
I'm assuming everyone has had a chance to test the Gerrit installation
at test.code.wireshark.org If you haven't, now might be a good time.
Unless anyone thinks that moving to Git+Gerrit is an absolutely horrific
idea I'm going to start the process of migrating from Subversion. The
timeline looks roughly like this:
Preparation (next few days, early January):
1. Create a Gerrit instance at code.wireshark.org.
2. Create a read-only Git repository at code.wireshark.org/wireshark.
3. Install, configure and test Buildbot, Bugzilla, and Github
Flag day (mid to late January):
1. Make the read-write Subversion repository read-only.
2. Sync Subversion to Git one last time.
3. Enable write access on code.wireshark.org/wireshark.
We've been using Subversion for nearly ten years. I realize this is a
big change and I'll do my best to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Sent via: Wireshark-dev mailing list <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
mailto:wireshark-dev-request () wireshark org?subject=unsubscribe
Re: Git + Gerrit: next steps Joerg Mayer (Dec 21)
- Git + Gerrit: next steps Gerald Combs (Dec 19)