mailing list archives
CVE-2014-2042 - Unrestricted file upload in Livetecs Timelive
From: Portcullis Advisories <advisories () portcullis-security com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:37:30 +0100
Vulnerability title: Unrestricted file upload in Livetecs Timelive
Affected version: 6.2.71
Fixed version: 6.5.1
Reported by: Richard Hatch
It was discovered that it was possible for low-level TimeLive
application users to upload
files (by using the "My Projects".."Manage Project" functionality).
There was no restriction on
file types that could be uploaded and the permissions applied to those
uploaded files included
"Read and Execute".
1. Using any text editor create a new file "run-cacl.aspx" and add the
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
2. Login to the TimeLive application as a low-level (standard) user
3. Click "My Projects" from the left-hand menu
4. Click the "Manage" icon - It looks like a notepad and pen
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page that opens and click "Attachment"
6. Click "Browse" and navigate to to where you saved "run-cacl.exe"
7. Click "Upload"
8. Logout of TimeLive [Optional]
9. On the server hosting the TimeLive application run "TaskMgr"
9. Browse to http://MyTimeLiveURL/Uploads/1/1/run-cacl.aspx
10. Observe "calc.exe" running as "NETWORK_SERVICE" in the Task manager
Note: Depending on the configuration of the TimeLive application used
for testing it may be
necessary to change the "1/1" part of the URL.
Further details at:
Copyright (c) Portcullis Computer Security Limited 2014, All rights
reserved worldwide. Permission is hereby granted for the electronic
redistribution of this information. It is not to be edited or altered in
any way without the express written consent of Portcullis Computer
The information herein contained may change without notice. Use of this
information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There
are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information
or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no
event shall the author/distributor (Portcullis Computer Security
Limited) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in
connection with the use or spread of this information.
Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list
Web Archives & RSS: http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
- CVE-2014-2042 - Unrestricted file upload in Livetecs Timelive Portcullis Advisories (Apr 23)