Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap 5.51 ndiff, mac os x 10.6.6
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:10:17 -0700

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:00:11PM -0300, Wellington Castello wrote:
Hello,

Mac OS X 10.6.6 comes with python 2.6 installed and the interpreter
can be called with /usr/bin/python, but ndiff from nmap 5.51 is using
/opt/local/bin/python causing a "bad interpreter". I really don't know
anything about older versions of Mac OS X but I believe the ndiff
script can from now on use the new path.

Thanks for finding this bug and taking the time to send a report. It was
caused by my packaging process--I have an /opt/local/bin/python that's
earlier in my PATH that was being picked up by the installer builder. I
just committed a change to make it always prefer the system's Python.

David Fifield