Home page logo
/

oss-sec logo oss-sec mailing list archives

xen/blkback: Check device permissions before allowing OP_DISCARD
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk () oracle com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 13:46:29 -0400

Hey,

John Haxby and Dan Carpenter recommended I ask for an CVE number here.

The bug is that if a system admin provides a disk (which supports
the discard aka TRIM or SCSI UNMAP) to a guest as read-only - there are
no checks done. Which means that the OS can destroy the data.

The likehood of somebody using 'ro' disks I think is small - but there
is probably one person who does it and would be unhappy that a guest
OS can destroy the underlaying data.

I have a patch (and a test-case) ready (see attached). I think
I just need an CVE number and need to send the mentioned patch
to Linus?

  By Date           By Thread