Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] snmp-ios-config - Config grabber
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 21:00:28 -0800

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 12:58:14PM +0530, Vikas Singhal wrote:
Just developed my first NSE script after seeing Fyodor Blackhat 2010 video.
This script basically downloads Cisco IOS configuration to a given TFTP
server using the SNMP RW string.

PFA the script, let me know if thats something useful to go in nmap script
collection. I will work on making it v2/v3 compatible, I am also working on
IOS-XR config download (no tools have this), will update the script if I am
successful.

Hi Vikas. Thanks for this script.

What does the downloaded config information look like? Is it very large
or would it fit in Nmap output if it could be downloaded directly?

You have good documentation of what each OID is doing. Each SNMP request
uses a lot of duplicated code though. How about factoring out the parts
that don't change into a local function?

David Fifield