Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE script] http-robtex-shared-ns-domains.nse
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 09:17:45 -0700

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 07:47:28AM -0300, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:

On 04/09/2012 04:26 AM, David Fifield wrote:
Thanks, I removed that argument but I missed it in the @usage. I want the interface to be
mostly uniform with hostmap-bfk.nse. Yes, -sn -Pn is the answer.

I just svn updated my repository, and I checked out the hostmap-robtex.nse file.

It does not look as what I'm working on, I make no mention of checking an IP address. What I'm
doing is:

Oh, I see. I misunderstood the script.

I deliberately removes the host script argument so that the script would
work more like the hostmap script we already have; meaning that it has a
hostrule and uses the same targets that Nmap does, not taking its own
special list of targets.

I just committed a change to make the script use host.targetname instead
of host.ip.

However, two things:

1) Since I misunderstood the script initially, this should not longer be
considered a hostmap script, because it does not find other domain names
that map to the same IP address.

2) I think a hostmap script of this type would be more useful than the
shareddns script. When you go to http://www.robtex.com/dns/192.0.43.10.html,
you get a nice page that does show domain names that have the same IP
address.

So my proposal is this: Rename what is now known as hostmap-robtex back
to http-robtex-shared-dns or similar, and make a new hostmap-robtex
(that is almost the same, except that it uses host.ip instead of
host.targetnmae, and has different matching patterns). Are you willing
to write the hostmap script?

David Fifield